Monday, December 3, 2007
O Christmas Tree
This weekend was the beginning of the Christmas season in our home. To start it off we got 8 inches of snow Saturday. Then that afternoon we went and got a Christmas tree for $20 at Smiths Marketplace. It spent the night in the garage to let the snow and ice melt off of it. My husband brought in the tree last night and we decorated it. There is nothing like a fresh tree! I don't know if I could ever do the fake tree thing because I don't think that they have as good of shape or smell as the REAL thing. I honestly don't know what it is about a lit up Christmas tree, but I could sit and look at it for hours. I have fun memories as a child of being able to sleep under the Christmas tree one night during the holidays and having the lights be the last thing I see as I go to sleep. Some day hopefully I will be able to start creating that memory for my own children. But as for the rest of the Christmas decorations, it will come out in our house in between my husband working, going to school, studying for finals, and taking finals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
8 Inches of snow!! I'm sooo jealous! I miss real snow! I miss skiing as well! It snowed here last week but it's nothing compared to Utah. Plus it rained two days later so it all melted. I love christmas trees and snow! YAY!
Post a Comment