So the motivation that I was hoping that my husband would get from receiving the electrical items for Christmas for our basement worked! On Saturday he worked on it for most of the day with his father and brother. They were able to frame up about 3/4 of the family room (which is the only half of our basement). I'm just hoping that Mike will keep the motivation going until it is finished!!! I took pictures of the process and planned on posting them, but last night I realized that we didn't put our camera software on the new version of windows that we just put on. So, maybe tomorrow I will get around to doing it and then be able to post the pictures.
As for my other task that I was going to conquer on Saturday of making bread...well...all I have to say is DUMB DUMB bread!!! Since I got up early because of all the pounding in the basement, I started making the bread early. It looked, tasted, and felt how bread dough should. But the dumb thing just wouldn't rise!!! I mean, not even one little bit after trying all day...I'm serious...I tried for 8 hours to get it to rise! I even tried the "trick" that my mother had told me of putting a bowl of water in the oven and heating the oven to 200 and then turning it off when it got to that temperature and then putting the bowl with the dough in the oven (keeping the bowl of water inside as well). Now I know that it was nice and warm inside the oven because I felt it and occasionally I reheated it back up to 200. But nothing! Part of me wonders if I doomed to be a bread buyer for life. See...it's times and experiences like this that makes me not want to cook! My husband thinks that it is the yeast that I buy and that I need to get the expensive kind. So, since I got his permission to purchase it I will have to go get some and try yet again!
No comments:
Post a Comment