Okay, can I just say how much I hate packing and moving! It is annoying how you just get everything into boxes and then you have to unpack it all a while later. So, for those that don't know, I am having to change office buildings. My entire team has to move into a new building with the DCFS Transition to Adult Living teams. Needless to say, I'm not too excited about the move because it is farther from my home and I have to get on the freeway and the new office is in the "spaghetti bowl" area of the freeway so traffic is going to be horrible! I'm also not excited because my new office doesn't have a window. I've been spoiled for the last 3 years and have had a HUGE window in my office where I can look out and see the weather. It is also very stupid that we have to move during the busiest time of the year. It is frustrating to have Sub-for-Santa gifts being dropped off at the office and try to get them out before the BIG move so we don't have to pack them in boxes or personally move them.
But trying to look at the positive of moving, I am hoping that the new building will have better heating so my fingers aren't purple while working and I don't have to plan my outfits according to office temperature instead of outside temperature. Another positive, I guess, is that we just have to put our stuff in boxes and label it with our new office number and the movers will do the rest.
So they told us that since the movers will be moving all of our stuff tomorrow that it would be a good day for us to go out and do home visits with our kids. Um...hello!...our kids are still in school this week and won't be home. So, I'm planning on using that time to finish up my Christmas shopping and get gifts wrapped. Then I will go into my new office tomorrow afternoon and try to sort everything out and get at least my computer up and running. Anywho, I guess I should get back to finishing packing...joy of all joys!
No comments:
Post a Comment