Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pickin' Rocks


So I thought that I had "served my time" when it came to picking rocks because of all the fun and joys that we had growing up. At my parent's house we were constantly picking rocks in the yard. Last night I began the "rock pickin' " at our house. We began tilling our yard and I followed with a bucket picking up the rocks that I could determine were rocks and not dirt/clay chunks. Mike thinks that we have a lot of rocks in our yard...I keep telling him that we don't and that he needs to work in my parent's yard for a while where you can't even get a shovel down in the ground 2 inches. Anyway, hopefully before the snow starts coming we will have our sprinklers and lawn in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can the landscaper in the family add his thoughts? Till in organic matter into your clay soil. This can either be composted manure or peat moss or the likes. It will help out TREMENDOUSLY with anything you wish to grow in the ground (notice I didn't say dirt because clay isn't "dirt" just like Mom & Dad don't have "dirt.").