Friday, April 4, 2008
Duty Calls
Yesterday I got a piece of mail that my husband got a kick out of...I have been summoned for jury duty. So I just filled out the juror qualification questionnaire. It claims that the jury service I would be doing would be from June 2nd until the 27th. Like I don't have anything else better to do for a month than jury duty! I have only been summoned once before and I was able to get out of it because I was going to be back in school and away from the area. I got a kick out of the letter that they send with the questionnaire. My favorite lines are "The more important reward, however, is the pride you can take in service your community" and "I hope you are pleased at the prospect of jury service" and "Our justice system cannot function without you."...Um, obviously they have no idea that since working at my job I have absolutely NO faith in the court system and that they provide justice. The courts let my kids (and people) off the hook when they are obviously guilty and are not given any consequence for it. They obviously have no idea that I have a jaded view of the court system from dealing with it on a regular basis with my job. Let's just hope that I don't end up getting called to jury duty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do it and the whole time blurt out things like "Hang em'." or "Guilty as a dog." or "Caught ya with your hand in the cookie jar." ;)
Post a Comment