Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Getting high in the basement...

No...I'm not talking about the things that my foster kids do, it is the little "high" that we've been getting from all the painting we've been doing in our house. On Saturday we put on two coats of primer and then another coat on Monday. Then last night we actually put the paint on the walls downstairs. It looks really good! But the downfall of all of this is that our entire house smells like fresh paint, hence the little "high." We still have a ways to go in finishing the family room and my guess is that it will get worked on once in a while in between projects outside in the yard.

3 comments:

Kevin Lewis said...

You going to do all the paint and then put the carpet down or save the last coat until after the possibility of scratching the paint is reduced? Just curious. And hey, I feel a basement party coming on at your place! ;)

Tyler said...

Hey! I really like the new look of your blog. It's purrrrdy. The green of the background goes with the green grass in the picture of you and Mike. Perhaps you should get rid of the border around the picture since it isn't the same size, and center the picture. What? you don't know how? I might be of assistance... for small fee.

Sam and Marcie said...

Hey! I was going to say the same thing Tyler! I LOVE your new background!!!! Cute, cute, cute! Glad your basement's coming along too! It's always fun to get projects done around the house!