Friday, April 18, 2008
Summer's a comin'
You know that summer is coming when you hear the tin can sound of music driving down the street really slow selling frozen items. Yes...I'm talking about the wonderful ice cream trucks. I was outside yesterday working on my project (refinishing a dresser) when I heard the ice cream truck. Um...hello...don't they remember that there was snow on the ground yesterday morning??? Having never grown up in a city where ice cream trucks make their rounds in the neighborhoods, it is a new experience and causes a thought to pop into my head. Those ice cream trucks are like the Pied Pipper trying to lure you out to them to feast upon those yummy fattening foods. It's like...here I am...come and get fat while I take all your money. But the neighborhood kids sure love the ice cream truck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ahh the icecream truck. I remember the frantic running around the house trying to find change and/or a parent to get money from so I could go running out and get a most delicious ice cream treat!
Oh yes!! It reminds me of my grandma's house. On the weekends we were there in the summer at least 3-4 would pass by their house EVERY day. My poor grandma had to deal with us begging for ice cream every time! Yummy!!
I heard one yesterday too! I didn't even know what it was at first.
Oh poor sister, if you could only remember the ice cream trucks when we lived in Payson! As I recall you too would come with me to get something (funding provided by your loving parents). The thing I remember most was how cool the Pac-Man ice cream bars were!
Post a Comment