Monday, March 31, 2008

It is risen!!!

No...I'm not talking about a religious topic...I'm talking about my bread!!! IT WORKED!!! So, I took today off from work (which I will explain later) and thought that I might give it another shot at making bread since I bought new yeast. That did the trick! I think that I have resolved not to use the "fast acting" yeast because I tried and tried that for the last 3 years. I would have taken a picture of my bread to have proof that I'm telling the truth, but we still haven't figured out why our computer isn't recognizing our camera. The bread is YUMMY as I sit here and eat a fresh hot out of the oven piece! They don't look as pretty and full as what I used to make in college...but it is a HUGE step toward progress since all I could make was "unleavened" bread since I've been married. I think that my husband will be in for a surprise when he gets home from school.

Anyway, back to the explanation of why I didn't go to work today. We finally found someone to do the mud and tape for our basement. He was SUPPOSE to come today. Well, at 8 o'clock when my husband called him he said that he would be here around 2 o'clock (now this guy told us before that he only works til 3:30). Then at 1:30 the guy called my husband saying that he wasn't going to come today. ARRGGG! I mean, come on, let's be a little professional and show up when you originally say that you were! My husband kept telling him that I took work off to be home when he did it. We arranged it so he got a key to the house so that it will get done this week. So, I got a nice day off from work to get some of my projects done. Well, I guess it's back to work tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I'm jealous! I want a day off work!!