I remember that I was waking up to get ready for my classes at Utah State and on the radio I heard something about a plane crash. I went into the family room and turned on the tv to CNN. Of course all my 5 roommates came in and joined me in watching. I remember watching as the second plane hit the World Trade Center. It was such a sickening feeling to watch it happen. Then I watched as the towers crumbled to the ground. I was horrified and I was on the other side of the country! I cannot imagine what the poor people in the plane were thinking and feeling or the people that were in the New York area.

It was so hard to drag myself away from the tv to go to my classes. I had a test in my night class which I failed miserably since I wasn't in the mood to study. Luckily the next week our teacher admitted that giving us a test on that day was not the best idea and he dropped all of our test scored. My poor friend was upset because that was the best test score that she ever got in that class. But for about a week after 9/11 our tv was constantly turned on to CNN.
I was able to go to New York City while working in New York the summer of 2003. I was able to go to the World Trade Center site and see the crews working on removing and building the memorial. That place has a feeling of peace and reverence that one would never forget being there.

UNITED WE STAND
No comments:
Post a Comment