Well, in a little bit Mike and I will be going to our second Thanksgiving dinner. It was fun being with my family on Thanksgiving day and stuffing our faces with them. So now we are on to the stuffing the faces with the Readings. I love Thanksgiving dinners, but more importantly the pies. I don't think that I could ever get enough of pumpkin pies until I see what it does to my thighs. And of course it just isn't complete unless you have ice cream with the pies. Sadly, we didn't have ice cream with my family, so we will have to see with the Readings.
Another reason I love Thanksgiving is because of all the time off from work. It's nice to have a break from work, but then it makes the following Monday even harder to return. (I think that this week at work is going to be a LONG one!)
On the day after Thanksgiving (also known as Black Friday), I was busy sleeping in and catching up on some needed rest while everyone else went frantically shopping at insane times in the morning. I will admit that I did get up early last year to get one of the good deals for a Christmas gift for my honey (which he figured out what I was going for before Christmas even came). But I will NEVER get up early, fight the crowds, and go shopping so early in the morning!!! It seriously caused me so much anxiety and stress that I would rather pay a little bit more and go at a different time. So, you will be seeing me out and about shopping these next few weeks since I didn't get it all done on one day like so many other crazy people!
No comments:
Post a Comment