Last week I cried as I went to work and left my baby at home. Today I wasn't prepared for the tears that came as I was driving home from work and from my identity as a DCFS caseworker. I have worked with various kids and families...some that I loved and enjoyed and some not so much. But the tears today were not for those kids or families...it was for my amazing coworkers.I don't think that I will be able to hear, see, or experience things that won't remind me of those amazing coworkers...such as hear a U2 song or eat cheesecake; see a New York license plate or listen to Evanescence; see a picture of a camel or Celtic dancers; see a Pepsi with Lime or a can of pineapple; see an old Crown Vic police car or see a security officer; or see an office that is decorated like Martha Stewart or a smorgasbord of food.
Each of my coworkers have touched my life and helped me be able to be a better caseworker. Thank you for a wonderful 5 years...I couldn't have lasted so long without you!
3 comments:
and now you get to make a new identity as a mom! it's the best:-) hard to leave a job you love for another job you love though. the thing i love about being the primary chorister is that i get to do the fun stuff i miss about teaching once a week;-)
Wow, almost thought you were leaving Michael for a second on your post title. hahaha! Just kiddin!!!
Congrats on getting to leave DCFS! I am sure you won't be sad for very long :)
Post a Comment