I've been meaning to post about this for quite some time now, but as the clock draws closer to the beginning of my weekend I just thought that I would share my thoughts. For those that don't know, on August 4th all Utah State employees were told by Governor Huntsman that they were going to 4-10's (that is 4 days working 10 hour days for those that can't figure it out). I'll admit at first I was very against it. I think that it was the inner teenager in me that was wanting to rebel because I was TOLD I was going to do it and not asked.

It was a struggle for a few weeks where my brain would shut off at 4 o'clock, after working 8 hours, to here I couldn't function. Once Labor Day weekend came around...boy was it worth it to work 4-10's. I love holidays that fall on a Thursday or a Monday which makes it so that I have a 4 day weekend.
The inner rebellious teenager has subsided and I am a happy state employee who thoroughly loves having 3 day weekends every weekend! Weekend here I come!
3 comments:
Boy can I understand what you are saying! It's a good thing we have lots of treats around most of the time, which helps all of us function for these 10-hour shifts!
that is so awesome. i've always wondered how i would like it. i am still not convinced that 10 hours with a classroom of kids would be better though...
Try working 12 hours. It's really not that bad once you get used to it. I mean, the perk is awesome 3 days off (I get 4, but I do work 12 hours.)Welcome to the club!
Post a Comment