Monday, February 11, 2008

QCR Results

So I wasn't able to blog after I found out the results because of a crazy week at work. In our exit interview with the reviewers we are suppose to find out if we "pass" or "fail." Well, at my exit interview on Thursday, the reviewers stated that they had just finished talking with the therapist and had not had time yet to figure out the scoring. So they talked to me about the case and asked me more questions. They complimented me of what great casework I have been doing. I kept thinking, "Quit buttering me up because I know you're going to fail the case." There was even a time that I was biting my inner cheek trying not to let any tears escape. I was absolutely sure that they were going to "fail" the case because of factors that are outside of my control. The mother basically wants her 18 year old daughter in a bubble or locked up in some type of residential program and kept away from everything in the world. Well...I'm sorry that I can't keep her daughter from her 30 year old boyfriend because if I do, then she will just go find another older man.

Anyway, it wasn't until Friday at the final meeting where we find out how we did as a region as a whole that I heard from one of the reviewers and my supervisor's boss that my case actually passed. For some fluke of a miracle the case passed!!! I honestly think that Heavenly Father knew that I could not emotionally handle it if the results had been what I thought they would be. So...YEA!!! QCR week is over!!! Of course the mother gave me the lowest score possible, but I was kind of expecting it since I can't keep her daughter in a "bubble." And I know that I will continue to struggle with this mother and case...but such is the life of a caseworker.

No comments: