Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Sad Sight

Natalie had a little accident on Tuesday. She fell off of a little neighbor girl's bed and hurt her arm. She hardly cried at all. I observed her throughout that afternoon because I suspected that something was wrong. She didn't cry when I felt her arm, but she sure didn't want to use it.

So we went to the ER to have it checked out. They could tell that about mid forearm Natalie didn't like them touching or turning her wrist to rotate it. The x-rays revealed nothing. So they called it an occult fracture (or hidden fracture) and sent us home with a splint and a sling.

We go to Natalie's pediatrician tomorrow to see what they think and see if another x-ray needs to be done. She's been using her arm more since yesterday afternoon. And her poor little hand is swollen from the fall. Natalie's a good sport and doesn't mind the splint or sling too much.

6 comments:

Tyler said...

Shoot! She sure does seem happy in the picture, though!

Em said...

Poor baby!!!:(

Roxanne said...

She is so cute--I'm still going to steal her!

Anonymous said...

Aww sad

keri said...

You seriously get the best pictures. I love her little smile!!! Glad she is feeling better. :)

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

poor thing, that is no fun! That is one cute little face in that picture though!