Monday, October 26, 2009

The Dreaded Day

Today was the day that I've been dreading for the last 3 months...going back to work. I technically didn't have to come back to work to give my two weeks notice and work those two weeks, but we didn't want to give the insurance company any reason to deny paying for Natalie's birth.

I only cried for about 10 minutes during my drive to work. I thought that I had it under control, but then I saw a billboard with a kid on it and I lost it again. I then got it back together and walked into work...then cried a bit when my coworker saw me and asked me how I was.

All today I've thought about Natalie, missed Natalie, and ached to have her in my arms. I know that she is in excellent care at home with my mother for this week. And I know that Grandma Lewis is loving being able to watch Natalie.

This cartoon says exactly how I've felt all day at work today...
So far at this point it looks like I might only need someone to watch her through next Monday and then I can bring her in to work on Tuesday next week and then I'm done working...for my paid job that is...but my job of being a mother will be full time all the time!

1 comment:

Em said...

so hard!!! hopefully the time will fly by fast and you'll be home again with her before you know it!