Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Day of Keys

Yesterday was not the day for keys in this Reading family. I had been driving my husband's car for the two days prior and when I went to go drive my car to work yesterday, my keys were nowhere to be found! I spent TWO hours looking around the house, in both cars, at my office, in the state car, and then I drove around to all the places I had been for work the two days before. It wasn't until I was on my way driving to the last destination I could think that they would be at when I realized something. I had used my keys on Sunday to lock up as I walked to church...hmmm...yep, they were still in my Primary bag! Keys have never looked so wonderful in my life!!! It is weird, but I consider them very precious now.

Then Mike gets home yesterday and said that he too had issues with keys. In the afternoon he accidentally locked his keys in his work van. He called his company and they said that they didn't have any spare keys for THAT van, but they had spare keys on all the other vans. Mike said that he spent 1 1/2 hours working with a Slim Jim and a coat hanger before he got it unlocked. He also got scratches all up and down his arm because of having to go between the inside paneling of the door once the door was opened to try to get the Slim Jim off that had become caught.

So, that was our key drama for the day...hopefully it won't happen again!

No comments: