
So, I've been meaning to post about this for the last week....but I was able to avoid being called in for jury duty. I was juror number 174 for the week of the 9th through the 13th. They only got to the 96th juror by last Friday. So, I'm hoping that I'm out of jury duty for good for a while, but then again on the lovely recording message that I got to listen to every night last week said that I could serve later in this month. Let's just say that I'm glad that it wasn't last week though because I had a lot of appointments, court, home visits, and meetings scheduled for work and I didn't like the "well...I might not be in tomorrow" and having the uncertainty of needing to reschedule meetings or visits to trying to see if my supervisor or coworkers could cover court for me. I'm hoping that I won't get summoned again for jury duty for a while, but I've heard that I could get out of it by telling them that I'm a social worker for the state (people say that they don't like us social workers...it's probably because we're biased and realize that the court system is never fair and lets people off WAY too easy!). If that really is my ticket out of it for the future, then I really do love my job!
No comments:
Post a Comment